Are you looking for housing?

Affordable housing is difficult to find in this area, and people often ask how they can become an Avalon resident. Unfortunately, Avalon does not handle housing applications or maintain a waiting list for our housing units.  In 2013, Washtenaw County implemented a new system to centralize housing resources for people who are experiencing homelessness.

There is one single point of access to housing and services if you are homeless in Washtenaw County:  HAWC, or Housing Access for Washtenaw County. If you are in need of housing, or facing a housing emergency, please call HAWC at (734) 961-1999 or visit their website at  

HAWC staff will gather your information and follow up with you regarding housing options.  All Avalon vacancies are filled through referrals from HAWC.